Innovation and highly trained staff. Our Medical Imaging team members play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Join a nationally recognized leader that values excellence and begin making a difference in people's lives.
Ogallala offers one of Nebraska's most popular recreational areas Lake McConaughy, the state's largest lake. There are all sorts of activities here from boating, fishing and camping to viewing the diverse avian populations. West Wing Golf Club provides a relaxing 18-hole game through moguls and greens while a stroll down Main Street offers a glimpse into life in a 19th Century town.
As a Multi-Modality Technologist, you will provide x-ray, CT on call, and mammography care for the facility. In this rural facility, you will have the ability to work in numerous modalities providing care to our patients! This is a full-time 40 hour per week position, working four 10 hour rotating shifts throughout the work week and weekend. If you like the idea of being able to perform a variety of imaging duties in your work, with a fantastic work/life balance, this opportunity is for you - apply today!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Ogallala Community Hospital combines tradition and technology in the charming small town of Ogallala, Neb. Our 18-bed facility is at the heart of a well-integrated, total care system from primary care to specialty care and is committed to meeting the health care needs of western Nebraska. Serving a patient population from newborns through geriatric patients, we operate a very busy outpatient clinic as well as a specialty clinic with a variety of visiting specialists, including cardiology, urology, OB/GYN, podiatry, ENT and ophthalmology. Our commitment to compassionate, innovative patient care is evidenced in our receiving the Recognition of Quality Award from Blue Cross Blue Shield of Nebraska in 2007, 2008 and 2009. We also provide a uniquely rewarding lifestyle for healthcare professionals. In fact, we are located just a few miles from the shore of beautiful Lake McConaughy, Nebraska's largest body of water. With more than 100 miles of shoreline and white sand beaches you'll enjoy recreational opportunities for all seasons.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers' orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology programs. Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB), or American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) based on modalities in which they will be conducting work and licensure by the state regulatory agency as applicable. As of August 1, 2019, all Multi-Modality Technologist's hired on or after August 1,2019 will be required to have an advance certification by an accrediting body in a specialty if applicable. BLS certification required
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of Radiologic Technologist experience. Must be actively working in each certified modality, in accordance with the needs of the facility. The Multi-Modality Technologist I will be required to rotate and cover department scheduling as needed and required in areas where obtained certifications apply. Multi-Modality Technol I Requires certification in two (2) or more of the following modalities: Radiologic (X-ray), Computed Tomography (CT), Bone Densitometry (DEXA), Mammography, Breast Sonography, Angiography.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R2069
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.