The U.S. Department of Homeland Security recently issued an emergency advisory about an elevated threat of cybersecurity attacks targeting hospitals and health care systems in the U.S. These threats can come by phone calls, text messages or emails.
ChristianaCare advises that everyone be alert to potential phone, email and text-messaging scams. If you receive a suspicious phone call, text message or email from ChristianaCare that asks you to make a financial transaction or to provide personal information, please visit www.christianacare.org or call 302-327-5555 and ask to speak to someone from the department or service that contacted you.
ChristianaCare is currently recruiting a Pharmacy Intern to work full time hours during the Summer of 2021.
Please see below for Education and Experience Requirements for this position.
PRIMARY FUNCTION :
Achievement of accelerated professional competence through exposure to the technical and clinical aspects of acute care pharmacy practice.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Participates on medical rounds with clinical pharmacist and assesses patient's drug regimens for drug-drug interactions, renal dose adjustments, allergies, medication omissions or therapeutic duplication.
- Analyzes the pharmacokinetics and levels of medications for patients on therapies requiring therapeutic drug monitoring
- Develops knowledge on specific disease states and guidelines that help to direct evidence-based treatment
- Assists with obtaining medication histories and providing patients medication education
- Enhances presentation skills through formal and informal patient cases, journal clubs or pharmacy staff education
- Collects, organizes and evaluates data on medication use for Medication Use Evaluations (MUEs)
- Assists pharmacy administrators and staff in completing departmental projects
- Exposure to the practical aspects of hospital pharmacy practice through projects, technician shadowing and assisting technical staff
- Performs other duties as required or assigned to maintain appropriate level of pharmacy service
- Maintains a current knowledge of all departmental safety procedures
- Performs assigned work safely, adhering to established departmental rules and practices. Reports to supervisor, in a timely manner, any unsafe activities, conditions, hazards or safety violations that may cause injury to oneself, other employees, patients and visitors
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
Currently in second professional year or later of an ACPE accredited Pharm.D. program
Desire to pursue a career in hospital pharmacy practice
Previous hospital pharmacy experience preferred, but other pharmacy experience will be evaluated for hospital equivalency
Computer experience preferred (e.g. window based programs)
Basic typing skills
Internal Number: JR54377
About Christiana Care Health System
Christiana Care Health System is headquartered in Wilmington, Delaware and is one of the country's largest health care providers, ranking 21st in the nation for hospital admissions. Christiana Care is proudly a Nurse Magnet recognized institution. Christiana Care Health System is also one of the largest health care providers in the mid-Atlantic region, serving all of Delaware and portions of seven counties bordering the state in Pennsylvania, Maryland and New Jersey. A not-for-profit, non-sectarian health system, Christiana Care includes two hospitals with more than 1,100 patient beds, and is a major teaching hospital with two campuses. Christiana Care is continually recognized for excellence on a regional and national level. Our role in the community is expressed in the Christiana Care Way: "We serve our neighbors as respectful, expert, caring partners in their health. We do this by creating innovative, effective, affordable systems of care that our neighbors value."Christiana Care is a great place to work because we value diversity and recognize it to be a core part of our success. Because of the diversity of our employees, affiliated health professionals and volunteers, we are... positioned to meet the unique needs of our patients and community. We acknowledge and celebrate the uniqueness and talent of each employee. Because of our talented workforce we are able to provide a quality healthcare experience to our patients and community. We strive to create an inclusive environment in which individual diversity can be leveraged and thrive. Christiana Care Health System is an equal opportunity employer, firmly committed to prohibiting discrimination, whose staff is reflective of its community and considers qualified applicants for open positions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, disability, pregnancy, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable federal, state, or local law.