Facility Operations is an exclusive team of professional people who love challenging their minds, who love mechanics, electrical, HVAC and in general, like to work with their hands. All our technicians perform essential functions to keep our many outline buildings and most important our Hospital up and running. As support staff, we supply such things as, hot and cold water, steam, electricity, HVAC, medical gases, tube system and fire alarm systems, just to name a few.
Banner Boswell Medical Center is seeking an experienced painter to join their facilities maintenance team. This position will be in charge of the painting upkeep at the Banner Boswell Medical Center campus and will also have the opportunity to support Banner Del Webb campus as well. This position will also be tasked with an abundance of painting projects such as sanding, stain, epoxy, rough painting, wall coverings and protections and more. If you are interested in opportunities to train and learn and grow your career, this job is for you!
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Since 1970, Banner Boswell Medical Center has provided exceptional care to the people in the northwest area of metropolitan Phoenix. Today, our 501-bed acute-care hospital is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals and offers a full range of acute care services, including cardiology, oncology, orthopedics, neurology, surgery, rehabilitation, emergency, stroke, intensive care, pulmonary, urology, wound management and sleep disorders. We've earned the Gold Seal of ApprovalT from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. We're also in the nation's top five percent for preventing mortality and complications.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for painting, dry wall and finishing work such as color development and refinishing and conducting preventative and corrective work to the medical center's painting and aesthetic elements including drywall and wall coverings. Reviews construction and remodeling projects and contracted painting and aesthetic elements for code compliance and compatibility to existing painting and aesthetic elements. May work with and assist other trades in completing required tasks.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Applies paint, varnish, stain, epoxy and other related products with a brush, roller, or spray gun. Applies all painting and aesthetic elements including rough painting, trim painting, wall protection, wall coverings, hand rails, flooring and wall tiling to ensure the integrity and reliability of the facility painting and aesthetic elements. Oversees the painting and aesthetic elements to assure maximum effectiveness and provides all required and appropriate documentation.
2. Inspects and services painting and aesthetic elements and components. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and/or changes required to keep the facility in a safe and well maintained condition and complies with established facility standards.
3. Participates with other divisions and departments to meet the facility painting and aesthetic elements needs. Negotiates priorities, plans work schedules and job assignments. Recommends, oversees and monitors the use of outside painting and aesthetic elements specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
4. As assigned, coordinates and schedules the painting and aesthetic elements maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facility. As assigned, oversees and monitors painting, construction and installation activities. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned painting and aesthetic elements and systems.
5. Coordinates painting components, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains painting replacement schedules and records. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager.
6. Instructs personnel regarding painting hazards to ensure the safe operation and use of materials and equipment. As assigned, provides guidance, direction and oversight for painting training.
7. Oversees and maintains records for facility compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facility painting systems. As required, attends annual code compliance training and performs other assigned duties.
8. Works independently under general supervision. Fulfills responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires experience equivalent to a journeymen level and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills of painting, aesthetic elements and related fields. Must have working knowledge of painting components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with painting, aesthetic elements and equipment. Must be proficient in reading and understanding required maintenance and construction documents. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and local building codes. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Journeyman's license of offered by the state. Previous construction experience is preferred. 3-5 years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Internal Number: R14205
About Banner Health
You want to change the health care industry – one life at a time. You belong here. You’re excited to be part of the dramatic changes happening in the health care field. In fact, you thrive on change. But you also understand that excellent, compassionate patient care is the true measure of the success of these changes. You belong at Banner Health. Our award-winning, comprehensive health system includes 23 hospitals in seven western states, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, a network of physician practices and much more. Throughout our system, skilled, compassionate professionals use the latest technology to change the way care is provided. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages: •Our vision for changing the future of health care gives you the opportunity to leverage your abilities to achieve something historic. •Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health. Our system also includes hospitals specializing in cancer, heart health and pediatrics. •Our many loc...ations also translate into a broad selection of exciting and rewarding lifestyle options – from the big city to the wide-open spaces. •Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible. •The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path. •Our competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.