You have a place in the health care industry. If you're looking to leverage your abilities to make a real difference - and real change in the health care industry - you belong at Banner Health. Apply today.
Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities.
As an Emergency Department Technician at Torrington Community Hospital, under the supervision of a RN, you will perform EKG testing, specimen collection, transports, vital signs, blood draws, IV starts, and more! This is a fulltime and benefit eligible night shift position. If you're wanting to join a fast-paced, fantastic team, this role is for you - apply today!
Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for providing patient care and assists health care providers in performing assigned patient procedures within scope of training. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician in providing patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Under general supervision of the RN, APN, PA, or Physician, performs assigned procedures including, but not limited to: electrocardiogram testing (EKG); wound cleansing; initial, repeat and orthostatic vital sign measurements; application of monitor leads, specimen collection, and transports stable telemetry or non-monitored patients to nursing units. Advanced skills and functions: Where state statute permits, performs blood glucose testing; phlebotomy; saline lock insertion; IV discontinuation; bladder (Foley) catheterization. After training in these advanced skills the ED Tech may perform these functions per state and facility guidelines on adult patients and pediatric patients twelve years of age and older upon direct delegation of the task.
2. Sets up, prepares patient and assists with patient exam and minor surgical or health procedures within scope of training such as, but not limited to: lumbar punctures; sterile instrument and field preparation, suturing lacerations, chest tube insertion, closed fracture reduction, gastric lavage, pelvic examinations, restraint application, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation. Applies orthopedic devices, to include pre-manufactured and plaster splints under physician direction.
3. Performs specimen collection, ensuring accuracy in identification and integrity by using appropriate techniques for all age criteria as required by Lab. Where state statute permits, performs point of care testing for blood glucose, hemoccult and gastroccult or other tests, and performs quality control checks on point of care equipment as required.
4. Provides communication and updates to RN, Physician or other providers related to perceived reactions or changes to patients' condition. Accurately records information in the patient record, documents vital signs and procedures completed, as well as the equipment and techniques utilized.
5. Monitors supply stock levels and reports needs. Notifies housekeeping, maintenance, biomedical engineering, and others to ensure proper equipment and a safe environment is maintained. Maintains appropriate levels of stock in medication room, exam room bedside carts, and specialty carts. Assists with health unit coordination tasks and reception responsibilities as needed.
6. Attends department meetings and educational sessions; Assists in orienting and training of new ED Technicians.
7. Position receives general supervision from RN, APN, PA, or Physician and other appropriate licensed health professionals. Position uses problem solving skills and provides effective communication with patients, patient families, health care providers and ancillary departments within the organization to provide quality patient care.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires Basic Life Support (BLS) certification. Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure, or EMT National registry certification, or Certified Nursing Assistant in state of practice is required for new hires and transfers. In Colorado: Either Emergency Medical Technician-Basic (EMT-B) with state licensure, or EMT National registry certification.
Position requires basic computer skills, effective communication (written and verbal) skills, and problem-solving ability.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.