Help change health care; help change the world. We want to change the lives of those in our care - and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you're ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Located just 1-hour from Cheyenne and situated on the banks of the North Platte River, Torrington thrives on its rural pace and charm, and offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Play golf, visit the museum, participate in local cultural events and explore a wealth of recreational opportunities.
As a Senior Registered Dietitian at Torrington Community Hospital, you will work alongside the Medical/Surgical Unit to help inpatients and assist in outpatient dietitian duties. This is a 24 hour a week and benefit eligible position. Shifts will be weekdays and day shifts. If you are looking to leverage your dietetic knowledge to support our staff and patients, apply today!
Community Hospital in Torrington, Wyo. is a 25-bed critical access hospital. We take pride in providing thoughtful medical care to residents in southeast Wyoming and bordering Nebraska communities, and we live our commitment to these communities in many ways. In fact, with the recent completion of an extensive expansion and remodel initiative, we are at an exciting and pivotal point in our development. We offer an innovative environment that includes digital mammography, a state-of-the-art emergency department, electronic medical records and a computerized OB system designed to reduce the chances of complications during labor and delivery. In addition, our location in close proximity to the Black Hills, Rocky Mountains and Denver offers a wide variety of lifestyle advantages, including small town charm and limitless recreational activities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides leadership in specialty area of clinical nutrition, establishes practice standards and serves as a mentor to educate colleagues in the specialty nutrition area. This position manages a complex caseload of patients by providing comprehensive nutritional assessments, developing appropriate nutrition care plans, and monitoring outcomes of plans. Provides patient and family nutrition counseling and education. Develops Nutrition Standards of Practice and Education material in collaboration with peers. Serves as a member of the interdisciplinary Health Care team providing input and establishing patient care policies, programs, quality improvement activities and provides in-service education in areas of expertise. Additionally, this position assists in the management and coordination of all activities of clinical nutrition programs including inpatient, outpatient, and other areas/centers within the facility.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides comprehensive nutrition assessment of patients' nutritional needs. Obtains timely and appropriate data and analyzes/interprets data based on evidence-based standards and nutrition practice guidelines.
2. Evaluates effectiveness of the care plan and communicates effectively to the other members of the healthcare team to provide optimal nutrition outcomes. Provides pertinent information in the medical records, patient plans of care and/or clinical pathways while meeting requirements of regulatory agencies (i.e. Joint Commission, CMS, State and Local Agencies).
3. Provides nutrition education to patients, families, staff and other health care team professionals through the development of effective teaching materials and in-service programs; Evaluates patient and or family response to education.
4. Provides leadership in area of practice, establishing proper patient care procedures and acts as liaison with nursing areas. Establishes and monitors policies and procedures in area of expertise and communicates areas of concern that impact patient care in this area. Assists with program marketing through the development of effective work relationships with internal and external customers to enhance the use of services provided by clinical program.
5. Demonstrates proficiency in area of practice; Responsible for developing training and educational materials to assist colleagues in developing skills in area of specialty and mentors staff members in area of specialty.
6. Assists in the coordination of clinical nutrition Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities. Provides additional coordination of projects and programs.
7. May plan, direct and provide effective leadership of the clinical nutrition programs and staff providing for nutrition screening, assessment, monitoring and education according to established departmental and System policies/protocols. May provide guidance and direction to other nutrition services staff in all areas related to clinical nutrition care.
8. Completes managerial tasks as assigned by Clinical Nutrition Senior Manager.
9. This position interacts with patients, families, health care providers and nutrition and dietary staff in support of providing high quality nutrition assessment, care planning, delivery and measurement of outcomes. Customers are patients, visitors, physicians and other staff members, vendors, and payors. Position communicates effectively and provides specialty education to ensure optimum nutritional care. Position works independently and provides guidance to nutrition services staff in the development of nutrition plans. Position may also provide community education. Provides leadership in specialized area of practice through participation in establishing standards and policies and procedures.
Must possess the knowledge demonstrated through the completion of a Bachelor's Degree in Nutrition and/or Dietetics. Must be registered through the Commission on Dietetic Registration of the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics and maintain ongoing registration and provide verification of registration annually. Maintains current licensure as required by State law.
Must possess a level of expertise typically achieved through three to five years clinical experience in a specialty area. Must be able to function independently and be effective at prioritizing assigned patient case load as well as the ability to lead and serve as a resource for issues.
To be classified as RD II-spv requires documentation of certification and expertise in one of the following areas: CNSD-Certified Nutrition Support Dietitian (to year 2012); CNSC-Certified Nutrition Support Clinician; CDE-Certified Diabetes Educator; Board Certified Specialist in Pediatric Nutrition (CSP); Board Certified Specialist in Renal Nutrition (CSR); Board Certified Specialist in Oncology Nutrition (CSO); Board Certified Specialist in Gerontology Nutrition (CSG); Board Certified Specialist in Sports Dietetics (CSSD). CNIS Certified Nutrition Injury Specialist--- attained through the successful completion of The Nutrition Injury-Specific Diagnostic Nutrition Residency--An Advanced Practice Approach to Diagnosing Nutritional Disorders. Certified Nutrition Specialist (CNS) administered by the Certification Board for Nutrition Specialists (CBNS).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.