Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's Health System in Boise, Idaho is seeking a Part-time Certfied Surgical Tech- First Assist (Day Shift - .4 FTE) to join our Boise Pediatric Urology team.
Schedule: Work every Tuesday and the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th Fridays of the month. Shift length will vary from 8- 10 hours.
Unit/Position SummaryThe First Assist Certified Surgical Technologist functions as the surgical first assistant under the direct supervision of the operating surgeon during the operative procedure and provides comprehensive care during the perioperative phase.
- Performs a variety of duties to assist a surgeon during surgery.
- Assists in patient care related activities.
- Organizes and coordinates supplies, equipment, and team members to maintain an efficient, and safe intraoperative environment.
- Serves as a resource to surgical team regarding surgeon preferences.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: HS or GED.
- Experience: None
- Licenses/Certifications: Current certification in one of the following: Certified Surgical First Assistant (CSFA) through the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA); Certified Surgical Assistant (CSA) through the National Surgical Assistant Association (NSAA); or Surgical Assistant Certified (SA-C) through the American Board of Surgical Assistants (ABSA)
- Preferred Qualifications: Robotics trained
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
About Boise, Idaho
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.