Location: Elkton, Maryland
Do you want to work at one of the top 100 hospitals in the nation?
Our amazing Pharmacy Team dispenses approximately 6,200,000 individualized patient doses per year, as well as 170,000 retail/mail order prescriptions. We provide medications that are safe and efficacious.
Life is full of choices, and whom you work for is one of life's most important decisions. ChristianaCare has earned national recognition for excellence. Choose an organization that provides career advancement and the opportunity to impact health.
Come and join us in the ChristianaCare Pharmacy - Dedicated to getting the right drug to the right patient at the right time!
ChristianaCare is recruiting a Staff Pharmacist to work a 7 on/7 off Midnight Shift rotation schedule at theUnion Hospital location. Hours are 9 pm to 8 am Monday through Friday and 8 pm to 8 am on Saturday and Sunday. Holidays and weekends that fall during the week of midnights will be assigned holiday(s) and weekends.
Education and Experience Requirements
- B.S. in Pharmacy or Pharm.D degree required
- Current/eligible for licensure in state of Maryland
- At least one year of acute care inpatient hospital pharmacy experience required
- Review and interpret provider's medication orders, evaluate drug efficacy, therapeutic goals and indications, review for contraindications/precautions, the patient's current status of health, and review drug profiles and patient's medical record for drug-drug, drug-food, drug-laboratory and drug-disease state(s) potentials.
- Resolve such problems in consultation with the prescriber and nurse and clarify questioned orders prior to dispensing the first dose.
- Evaluate specific medication therapies consistent with departmental policy; anticoagulation, aminoglycosides and vancomycin
- Appropriately convert/manage medications per P&T approved pharmacist policy; IV to PO and renal dose adjustment
- Report, record, assess, and evaluate adverse drug reactions.
- Provide accurate, timely, and cost-effective drug information to medical, pharmacy, nursing, and other healthcare professionals.
- Coordinates and supervises work-place activities and resources; promotes professional competence; assures that services rendered and work performed are in accordance with specific standards; advises, assists, and supervises work of pharmacy technicians; assumes final responsibility for accuracy of their work; to include satellite pharmacies as well as sterile product processing in the IV Admixture Service lab, OR pharmacy and ambulatory chemotherapy areas, where the pharmacist is responsible for assuring USP 797 standards are consistently in compliance.
- Full Medical, Dental, Vision and other insurance benefits
- 403 (b) with an employer match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Incredible Work/Life benefits including annual membership to care.com, access to backup care services for dependents through Care@Work, retirement planning services, financial coaching, fitness and wellness reimbursement, and phenomenal discounts through several vendors for hotels, rental cars, theme parks, shows, sporting events, movie tickets and much more!
If you 're inspired to make a difference, we invite you to become a ChristianaCare caregiver.