Location: Valhalla, New York
Advanced Practice Registered Nurses / Physician Assistants
We are seeking a Physician Assistant to join the Division of Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Urogynecology) at Westchester Medical Center in Hawthorne, New York. This is a unique position that would provide support for the providers in the division and work closely with our Urogyn service lines to easily co-manage urogyn patients. The role supports providers in both the office and hospital settings. The candidate will provide outpatient and inpatient care for Urogynecology patients, both autonomously and with direct supervision of an attending. The candidate will also provide assistance in hospital and office-based procedures. Specifically, the candidate will lead the conservative pelvic floor program. The candidate will be required to perform complex care coordination within the WMC Health Network, which will require travel as needed.
- Provides direct patient care in outpatient settings including history and physical, teaching, counseling, follow up visits, perioperative care, and telehealth visits
- Coordinate the conservative pelvic floor therapy program.
- Develops appropriate plans of care and follow-up based on the outcomes of diagnostic, laboratory, and physical examination findings both autonomously and under supervision of collaborative physician
- Orders medications and writes prescriptions according to organizational and regulatory policies and procedures
- Performs complete histories and physical examinations; Orders, interprets, and evaluates appropriate laboratory and diagnostic tests
- Perform procedures autonomously, such as: Urodynamics, Pessary fitting and follow up, Posterior Tibial Nerve Stimulation (PTNS), bladder instillations, Self-catheterization teaching, trigger point injections, voiding trials, endometrial biopsies
- Provide care for walk-in/same day appointments and urgent post-operative care
- Assists attending physicians in new patient intake and assessment, cystoscopy and bladder botox injections
- Assist in result follow up and patient calls
- Work alongside a team of attending physicians, residents, licensed practicing nurses and medical assistants
- Order and interpret diagnostic testing according to protocols established by the department and in compliance with the NYS rules and regulations governing the performance of Physician Assistants
- Other duties as assigned by Division leadership
- Must be able to work various hours and cover various locations throughout the network based on business, practice and department needs.
Preferred previous experience in Women's Health and Urogynecology, though new graduates encouraged to apply. This is an employed position in our academic group with comprehensive benefits, CME and malpractice coverage.
Bachelor's degree required, Master's degree preferred. Successfully completed a graduate level physician assistant program accredited by the Accreditation and Review Committee for Physician Assistants (ARC-PA)
Licenses / Certifications:
- Certification by the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants (NCCPA) must be obtained prior to first day of employment
- Current valid license to practice as a Physician Assistant (PA) by the state department of education is required
- Current BLS certification is required
- DEA License required
- Candidate will be expected to complete specialized training within designated time period:
- Must be able to travel to multiple locations throughout the network, required
- Complete Laborie Hands on Urodynamic Course within 6 months of hire
- Complete 2.5-Day Urodyamic Course in Year 2
- Complete Biofeedback Certification International Alliance Certification in Pelvic Muscle Dysfunction Biofeedback/estim
- Complete other trainings as needed to provide procedures and physician support.
WMC Advanced Physician Services PC