Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Discover Your Career at Emory University
Emory University is a leading research university that fosters excellence and attracts world-class talent to innovate today and prepare leaders for the future. We welcome candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of our academic community.
Come join a highly diverse and growing team of Emory at Grady Anesthesiologists who actively engage in a tripartite mission delivering high-quality clinical care, participating in innovative research, and educating future clinicians across multiple programs.
The Department of Anesthesiology at the Emory University School of Medicine is seeking board certified/board eligible anesthesiologists to join our Grady Health System team for the opening of Correll Pavilion, a new multispecialty ambulatory surgery center.
Grady Memorial Hospital, staffed by Emory University Physician Faculty, is a 1,000-bed tertiary care hospital and the only Level 1 trauma center in Atlanta. Performing 40,000 anesthetics per year, our anesthesiologists participate in a case mix that includes heavy orthopedics, general surgery, trauma surgery, high-risk OB, burns, vascular surgery, cardiothoracic surgery, neurosurgery, gynecology, urology, plastic surgery, GI, and various radiology and cardiology procedures.
- Generalists with POCUS expertise desirable
- Regional Anesthesiologists
- Cardiac Anesthesiologists
- Medical Direction 1:2 - 1:3
- Robust and collaborative care team model with exceptional resources and peer support
- Call Positions needed; two in-house Anesthesiologists nightly (covering Trauma and OB)
- Supervise residents, advanced practice providers and other trainees in the operating rooms
- Participate in bedside teaching, formal didactics, and simulation-based education for trainees at every level
- Leadership and academic advancement within both the Grady and Emory systems, with time allotted and financial support
- Salary is AAMC rank-basked with additional productivity compensation for extra duty
- D., D.O., or foreign equivalent eligible for a Georgia medical license
- American Board of Anesthesiology board certified/eligible.
- Experience with POCUS is a plus
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited fellowship in Cardiothoracic Anesthesiology required for cardiac positions. Candidates in their final year of training may apply.
- Initial academic rank is based on prior experience and a detailed CV review - positions available for appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor, Associate Professor or Professor.
- Criteria for faculty appointment include excellence across clinical care, clinical teaching, and scholarly activity.
We are pleased to recognize your contributions with a benefit package that offers a robust and highly competitive selection of medical, dental, vision, retirement, disability and other work/life benefits for you and your loved ones.
- Benefits begin day of hire
- Matching 403b
- Paid Malpractice provided.
- Access to University facilities and resources
- Emory University Courtesy Scholarship benefits for eligible faculty and their family members
Everyone at Grady Health System is part of something bigger: a legacy of service and a calling to improve lives by changing the way healthcare is delivered. Our commitment is to serve the community with expertise, passion, innovation, and arms open wide. Grady is:- Atlanta's only nationally verified Level 1 trauma center- Georgia's only verified Burn Center for adult and pediatric patients- Advanced Comprehensive Marcus Stroke and Neuroscience Center- State-of-the-art Cardiac Center with award-winning heart failure program- World's first 24/7 sickle cell center- One of the nation's top HIV/AIDS centers- Georgia's first cancer center for excellence
Emory University is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce and complies with all applicable Federal and Georgia State laws, regulations, and executive orders regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action in its programs and activities. Emory University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status.
Interested applicants should apply online to be considered and include in their submission a CV and Letter of Interest. Inquiries should be sent to: Chinedu Okpukpara, M.D., Chief, Grady Health Systems Surgical Specialties, Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine: firstname.lastname@example.org and Lisa Lee, Sr. Faculty Recruiter, Department of Anesthesiology, School of Medicine: email@example.com
Emory Supports a Diverse and Inclusive Culture
The COVID-19 vaccine or an approved exemption is currently only required for individuals working in a clinical setting. For more information on the University or Hospital policies, including exemptions, please see our website.
Emory University is dedicated to providing equal opportunities and equal access to all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, genetic information, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, and veteran's status. Emory University does not discriminate in admissions, educational programs, or employment on the basis of any factor stated above or prohibited under applicable law. Students, faculty, and staff are assured of participation in University programs and in the use of facilities without such discrimination. Emory University complies with Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veteran's Readjustment Assistance Act, and applicable executive orders, federal and state regulations regarding nondiscrimination, equal opportunity and affirmative action. Emory University is committed to achieving a diverse workforce through application of its affirmative action, equal opportunity and nondiscrimination policy in all aspects of employment including recruitment, hiring, promotions, transfers, discipline, terminations, wage and salary administration, benefits, and training. Inquiries regarding this policy should be directed to the Emory University Department of Equity and Inclusion, 201 Dowman Drive, Administration Building, Atlanta, GA 30322.
Emory University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request. To request this document in an alternate format or to request a reasonable accommodation, please contact the Department of Accessibility Services at 404-727-9877 (V) | 404-712-2049 (TDD). Please note that one week advance notice is preferred.